Nice Ideas

Just letting out a few things I thought I wanted to tell ...

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Is Yahoo answers dead or something??

So much expert-talk was made when Google shut its Google answers. But, is everything okay with Yahoo answers? I do not know. Atleast, one thing is for sure that Yahoo is not giving it as much importance as it should.

Everytime I log out from my Yahoo email account, I get a page which among other things, also contains a list of 'hot topics' at Yahoo answers. And for many many days, as far as I can remember, the questions there have never seemed to have changed. Maybe those questions never chilled out!

So, here I decided to finally give it a shot and see why those questions were hot for so many days. The first in the list was "Where can I find the diagram of a car?". I clicked to visit a page with question, "Where can i get sectional diagram of a maruthi car?". Maruthi is one of the oldest small cars in India. This is apparently a closed question for three months. But then,it is still hot?

There can be only two answers, either Yahoo is not according as much importance to Yahoo answers as it should, or this was the last 'hot' question at Yahoo answers. Only the regular users will know.

By the way, this was one answer that I found rather funny for the question I had put above:

Step 1: Start
Step 2: Go to Japan
Step 3: Locate Suzuki factory.
Step 4: Retrieve M800 designer's contact info.
Step 5: If (the person's alive )
GoTo 6
Else
GoTo 8
Step 6: Contact M800 designer
Step 7: Use compulsive techniques to extract requisite info.
Step 8: Return.

2 Comments:

At January 12, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for pointing out this problem. The Answers team is looking into it!

Micah
Design Lead for Yahoo Answers

 
At January 12, 2007 , Blogger Anand said...

Thanks for the reply Micah...Hope to see things sorted...:)j

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home