Nice Ideas

Just letting out a few things I thought I wanted to tell ...

Friday, November 10, 2006

Google Dance

Recently, I had published a post about MyLot.com ripping off its customers by paying peanuts for the sh!tty job that they were supposed to do there on the website.

Two days after the post was published, the blog post started appearing on the front pages of Google for MyLot.com related searches. While I was happy to see so many people visiting my blog for the searches, I was shocked to see the search result suddenly go off the listing.

Since my experience with MyLot had not been good, even when I reported their modus operandi on their forums, I suspected, this was yet another of their work to get my page deindexed.

Believe me, I know a bit of SEO and knew this was not possible unless I wanted. Now, thanks to Amit Agarwal from Digital Inspirations, I got to know that this delisting was because of a phenomenon called Google Dance, which happens occassionally.

Now, I am back to waiting to see my page getting indexed back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home