Nice Ideas

Just letting out a few things I thought I wanted to tell ...

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merchants of Venice...

You might very well know and might have used Kazaa and Skype. But you would have never heard of their founders Niklas Zennstrom and Janus Friis. And it is late in the day, if you had not learnt about their new Venice Project. In fact, the project got out of beta testing last week.

For the naive, Venice Project focusses at providing TV shows and other videos for the internet user. In more generic terms, it is going to be a sort of YouTube with more of copyrighted stuff; something YouTube does not want its viewers to post on their network.

As long as the viewing is going to be for free, I am in. I stay in hostels for most time, and when in there, I never bother to watch TV at all. Maybe the Venice Project will get me back to viewing TV.

One more aspect of this is the scope for such a project, mainly because there are so many TV channels all the world over that the website could forever be expanding. Ok, let me now get prepared to watch Australia Rules!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home