Nice Ideas

Just letting out a few things I thought I wanted to tell ...

Friday, January 05, 2007

American blacks love/hate Oprah?

I am proud of what Lakshmi Mittal has achieved. This is inspite of the fact that until late, he had not even made significant investments in India. It is just a feeling of him being my compatriot, and was taking on the world that made me like him. And I thought that's how the whole world would feel about their people making it big in the world.

But what Sugar N Spice has put here makes an interesting reading. She says that Black Americans envy Oprah rather than adore her for all that she has achieved. Oprah recently opened a mammoth girls school in Africa, and that has not gone well with those Blacks in the US, because they feel she should have rather made such a contribution back in the USA.

I am not putting in my points on such a view. IF YOU ARE AMERICAN, then please do put in your view on this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home