Nice Ideas

Just letting out a few things I thought I wanted to tell ...

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Corruption rankings

I do not know how much I can trust the transparency index that is out every year on the country's corruption and transparencies. This year 163 countries took part, and as usual, the Scandinavians rocked this year too. Finland bagged the top honours for being the cleanest, while Haiti was the lowest.

The reason I do not want to believe them is that some of the parameters used are not globally uniform. For example, in some places, it is always common to accept and give complimentary gifts. But officially this is always registered as a bribe. I don't mean to say that things are great in India. Indian corruption levels are way too high, but then, some of it is also exagerration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home