Nice Ideas

Just letting out a few things I thought I wanted to tell ...

Monday, January 01, 2007

Phoenixed

After one of my friends announced on Orkut the other day that he has got an admission to University of Phoenix and shall be moving to the US very soon, I started browsing the details of the university.

The university apparently lies in Boise, the capital of the state of Idaho. I actually, to be honest, have not heard of the place before (Pardonable, for a non-American!!). But, looking through the details of the place through Wikipedia, I feel the city is quite impressive. For instance, let me tell you that the printer and scanner division of Hewlett Packard is based in Boise, Idaho. HP, in fact has a huge complex there at Boise.

There are other great companies that are based here as well. For example, Washington Group International, Micron Technology, the popular retail chain, Albertsons.Looking at the potential the area possesses, Microsoft, in fact, acquired the locally based ProClarity.

All this apart, Internet based companies are also growing out from here. For example, Keynetics, which manages the popular ebook store, Clickbank, and PayTrack is also based out of Boise.

The city is supposedly growing so well of late,with a huge improvement in the quality of life, that the city has been witness to a huge influx of population. BoiseHomeGuide, a website that provides info on Boise homes for sale claims that the real estate is booming in the city.

I guess, with all this, my friend's going to have a great time out there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home