Nice Ideas

Just letting out a few things I thought I wanted to tell ...

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Amazon books on your websites

You would have come across numerous websites that 'recommend' books from Amazon or other websites. Now, the question is not of the ad itself, but instead on how effective the ad is when it comes to conversion.

I used to manage a site for Book review. Ok, that was not for more than a couple of months before I changed the theme of the website to a different topic. But now, one year hence, I have become a lot more wiser on how to choose a website and what to put on it to convert best.

For example, I know of a technology gadget discussion weblog that has good traffic and over 1500 subscribers to its feed. The author has a page proudly recommending books on technology and websites to his readers.

Now tell me if this would convert or not? Trust me, even if you have a million visitors everyday, the conversion to such a recommendation does not happen well enough. The reason is the visitor, no matter what does not go by your recommendation just because he happens to read your blog. There should be 'something' on your website that gets him to buy. If not, write only for those who come to buy.

So, if only I had my book review site till today, I am sure it would have clicked with Amazon. This is because when I review books, which people eventually buy if they are satisfied, then satisfied readers naturally proceed towards buying the same. So, a good reviewer can find visitors proceeding to purchase from Amazon, and so conversion is good. Not for someone who writes on something and immediately expects people to come to him for purchases..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home